Form-to-Email ASP scripts - what's the best one?

JVRudnick

Hey...
thinking that I may need to upgrade my skillset when it comes to ASP based
form-to-email scripting.

is CDOSYS the best still on a w2k3/iis6 box?

if so, can someone point me at the shortest, easiest to configure example
that positively works for sure in this environment?

i sigh, as CDONTs used to work perfectly for me and I hated that it was
dep'd by MS....

oh, and if CDOSYS is only one way - and maybe not the best way - is there a
component that will work better/quicker with an easy to use install and
config learning curve?

oh, why do I ask...gosh...got LOTSA troubles trying to get CDOSYS to work
efficiently on a new server...and thinking that there may be another answer
out there...

pointers here lads?

Jim

Anthony Jones

JVRudnick said:
Hey...
thinking that I may need to upgrade my skillset when it comes to ASP based
form-to-email scripting.

is CDOSYS the best still on a w2k3/iis6 box?

if so, can someone point me at the shortest, easiest to configure example
that positively works for sure in this environment?

i sigh, as CDONTs used to work perfectly for me and I hated that it was
dep'd by MS....

oh, and if CDOSYS is only one way - and maybe not the best way - is there a
component that will work better/quicker with an easy to use install and
config learning curve?

oh, why do I ask...gosh...got LOTSA troubles trying to get CDOSYS to work
efficiently on a new server...and thinking that there may be another answer
out there...

pointers here lads?

CDOSYS is the tool to learn. Typically its already installed on Win2K3 box.

Its pretty simple to use, especially if you have configured the mail
settings of your website in IIS manager. The following would a be minimal
example:-

Dim oMsg : Set oMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

oMsg.To = "Bloke <[email protected]>"
oMsg.Subject = "Test"
oMsg.Send

JVRudnick

Ah...thanks Anthony.

However I noted one item you mentionned as "especially if you have
configured the mail settings of your website in IIS manager..."

Exactly what are you referring to...I don't know where you might mean for
that?

?

Jim

PS will give that script a try too but I noted also that you made no call to
the libraries either....or any of my own "normal" code items... ? will this
still work then?

Anthony Jones

JVRudnick said:
Ah...thanks Anthony.

However I noted one item you mentionned as "especially if you have
configured the mail settings of your website in IIS manager..."

Exactly what are you referring to...I don't know where you might mean for
that?

The server extensions tab of the site properties. You can define values
which are used as default values for the configuration object on the
CDO.Message.