    Can someone please offer me some advice on the best way to do this.

    Many thanks in advance,
    Ol
    Oli, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Oli

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Well you wrote that you got the upload part to work for which I would
    use:

    ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
    http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx

    And for resizing an image file:

    AndyDvorak.net - Tutorials - Resizing Images
    http://www.andydvorak.net/site/tutorials/asp/?imageresize

    How do I create / manipulate images from ASP? - 5/10/2001
    http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=76
    Components: ShotGraph, ASPImage...

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Designer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    <<
    Hi

    Currently I have a simple form where users input and update their data.
    This works fine.

    However, we now have a need for users to be able to upload a picture to
    their profile. I have managed to successfully do this, however, once the
    picture is uploaded I need it to be automatically resized and renamed in
    the format "username.jpg". Then I need the path of the picture to be
    stored in the database with their record so that when it is opened the
    picture can be shown also.

    Bullschmidt, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Oli

    Bullschmidt Guest