Form - upload image

Oli

Hi

Currently I have a simple form where users input and update their data.
This works fine.

However, we now have a need for users to be able to upload a picture to
their profile. I have managed to successfully do this, however, once the
picture is uploaded I need it to be automatically resized and renamed in the
format "username.jpg". Then I need the path of the picture to be stored in
the database with their record so that when it is opened the picture can be
shown also.

Can someone please offer me some advice on the best way to do this.

Many thanks in advance,
Ol

Bullschmidt

Well you wrote that you got the upload part to work for which I would
use:

ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx

And for resizing an image file:

AndyDvorak.net - Tutorials - Resizing Images
http://www.andydvorak.net/site/tutorials/asp/?imageresize

How do I create / manipulate images from ASP? - 5/10/2001
http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=76
Components: ShotGraph, ASPImage...

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Designer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

<<