Formal Verification Survey

Sebastian Jaeger

The Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (Sweden) and the Darmstadt
University of Technology, Darmstadt (Germany) are conducting a web-based
industry survey. The survey is part of my thesis "Technical and Economical
Barriers and Drivers for the Introduction of Formal Methods in the
Verification of Digital Systems".

It addresses all companies which perform digital, digital/analog or
HW/SW design, i.e. companies using and not (yet) applying formal
approaches.

The purpose of the survey is to develop a realistic view of the status quo of
functional formal verification in the semiconductor industry. Among other
things we want to find out about the leading companies` verification approach,
their needs and future plans, the valuation of existing tools as well as reasons
for and against the introduction or increased use of formal methods in the
design flow.

Answering the questions will take only 15 minutes.
All participants will get a free copy of the study including the survey results.
In addition your company will get the chance to be named as sponsor of the
survey free of charge.
You take no risks: The data collected in this survey will only be reported in
aggregate form.

We would highly appreciate it if you could support our study by participating
in this survey by going to

http://www.formal-verification.com.

The password is "formal".

Although we know that our target group has a high workload we would be
deeply grateful for your participation within the next week if possible.

Thank you very much and best regards

Sebastian Jaeger