Formatting an email to arrive as an appointment in Outlook

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matt Moran, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Matt Moran

    Matt Moran Guest

    I need/want to be able to send an email from a website
    running IIS and CDONTS for mail (or ASPMAIL) that comes
    into the inbox as an appointment to be accepted.

    The company is not running Exchange internally or on the
    website (which is hosted).

    Here is the basic app:
    A visitor schedules an appointment to speak to a rep from
    the company. Their appointment data is kept in a SQL DB.
    I have their name, email, appointment date/time, and some
    simple notes.

    Later, someone from the company goes online and assigns
    the appointment to an internal staff person. Currently
    they get an email with the appointment information and can
    go online to view the SQL data. I would like the
    appointment to show up in their outlook mailbox.

    Any ideas. I posting this on the VBScript and
    general .asp newsgroups as well.

    Thanks,
    Matt

    Matt Moran, Jul 10, 2003