Formatting Excell doc from within MFC app

Discussion in 'C++' started by magic, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. magic

    magic Guest

    Hello.

    I'm developing an application using MFC - VC++ 6.0
    I'm wondering if there is an ActiveX control or other component that would
    make possible to make simple editing and formatting MS EXCELL doc from
    rithin application.
    The operations i would like to perform:
    - opening .xls file
    - inserting values into cells and simple formatting the cells (alliginig,,
    etc)
    - save the file
    - printing and displaying (not necessary)

    Thank You all for any help

    Sincerelly,
    magic

    magic, Jul 6, 2003

  2. "magic" <> wrote in message
    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm developing an application using MFC - VC++ 6.0
    > I'm wondering if there is an ActiveX control or other component that would
    > make possible to make simple editing and formatting MS EXCELL doc from
    > rithin application.
    > The operations i would like to perform:
    > - opening .xls file
    > - inserting values into cells and simple formatting the cells

    (alliginig,,
    > etc)
    > - save the file
    > - printing and displaying (not necessary)
    >
    > Thank You all for any help
    >
    > Sincerelly,
    > magic

    This group is for the C++ language only, not questions about ActiveX
    controls which are language independent and platform specific, so your
    question is doubly irrelevent to this group.

    That said, have you thought that Excel itself might be the component you
    need?

    john

    John Harrison, Jul 6, 2003