dorayme

From: brucie said:

Interesting.

For what it is worth, (at least to users of OS 9 on a Mac), in
iCab it looks like a spreadsheet format (table and cells are
rectangular), in my IE 5.1.6 if one adds cellspacing="0" to the
and makes for neat little separate red sq boxes all arrayed, my
Mozilla 1.3.1 displays it best as is, but all three browsers do
not height centre the numbers in the box and only in my Mozilla
does it sideways centre the numbers.

A little enhancement would be to have slightly heavier borders
for the 9 blocks of 9-cells that are important in this puzzle...
Not hard to do.

brucie

For what it is worth, (at least to users of OS 9 on a Mac), in
iCab it looks like a spreadsheet format (table and cells are
rectangular), in my IE 5.1.6 if one adds cellspacing="0" to the
and makes for neat little separate red sq boxes all arrayed, my
Mozilla 1.3.1 displays it best as is, but all three browsers do
not height centre the numbers in the box and only in my Mozilla
does it sideways centre the numbers.

i only checked it in IE6, opera8 and FF1.0.4. looks the same in IE6/opera
(everything centered and looking pretty). FF doesn't vertically centre the
numbers, dunno about the newest version but that reminds me i have to
download it.

Rob Simpson

brucie said:
i only checked it in IE6, opera8 and FF1.0.4. looks the same in IE6/opera
(everything centered and looking pretty). FF doesn't vertically centre the
numbers, dunno about the newest version but that reminds me i have to
download it.

Yes, that looks good. Just have to add the bold lines at the 3-cell
boundaries; should be able to manage that.

It raises the interesting question (for me):
How can you know what CSS attributes can be applied to what HTML elements?
(Hope terminology is about right.)
The trick here is using width, height, etc with input. Before asking this
question I searched the Web copiously but never came across this.
And using input without form; that is also new to me. Learning every day .
.. .
Thanks,