Formatting gridview rows based on data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Not Me, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. Not Me

    Not Me Guest

    Hi,

    It it possible to alter properties of a gridview control based on the
    data it holds?

    Specifically, I would like to alter colours held in the data. For
    example....here's the data

    Surname Forename Registered RecentContact
    Smith Henry no no
    Jones Wesley yes no
    Adams Sarah yes yes

    I would like to display records in red for those unregistered.. yellow
    for those registered without recent contact.. and green for those
    registered with recent contact.

    Can this be done simply? or am I looking at writing my own class to
    response.write the table/data info? I would like to keep the gridview
    for paging/sorting.

    Cheers!
    Chris
    Not Me, Sep 23, 2005