formatting numbers & columns in datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by John Wilson, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. John Wilson

    John Wilson Guest

    I am still working away to get to grips with .NET web forms. Can anyone help
    me with these conundrums?

    How do I programmatically control the with of a datagrid itself and the
    columns in it? At the moment my grid is wider than the columns, leaving a
    spare bit to the right, and yet some of my columns are too narrow. Can I
    even get them to adjust automatically, eg to the width of the widest cell
    value?

    Also, how do I get numeric data to display correctly? The data comes from a
    sql query. I want it to display to 2 decimal places even if ".00", but at
    the moment I can't get it to give me those extra zeros whatever I do.

    I also had a problem figuring out how to right align the columns of figures.
    I fiddled with the GUI and managed this, but more by accident than design
    and I still don't know how I did it. In any event for future reference I
    want to know how to do it programatically.

    Has anyone any tips?

    --
    John Wilson
    John Wilson, Sep 2, 2003