Formatting Page for Print

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chris Lieb, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. Chris Lieb

    Chris Lieb Guest

    I have a XHTML page that is structured into six regions using divs and
    is viewed exclusively on IE6. Two of the regions contain tables that
    can become long (close to a page in length). When the first or both
    regions start to get long, the second one ends up getting split across
    a page break, which is what I am trying to aviod. I tried implementing
    a stylesheet for the print media type with the following rule:

    div#slicrange, div#servicelevel, div#ziprange, div#comments {
    page-break-inside: avoid;
    page-break-before: auto;
    page-break-after: auto;
    }

    Unfortunately, IE doesn't implement support for the page-break-inside
    property, which is what I really need. Does anyone know of anyway to
    fix this? If there isn't a straight HTML/CSS method, I can also use
    Coldfusion or ASP. I considered converting the document to PDF since
    its main purpose is to be printed and posted, but I haven't been able
    to find any free PDF libraries out there.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Chris
    Chris Lieb, Nov 10, 2005