    my be the solution to use image text buttons.
    any idea how to do that?
    thank you
    hannibal, Jan 27, 2004

  2. hannibal

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:22:22 -0500, "hannibal" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Hi

    G'day.

    > when i click on View < Text Zoom (200%) in this web site:
    > http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/ using netscape, i connot see the hole text in the
    > menu frame!

    1) Don't use frames.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")

    2) When Javascript is disabled, there *is* no menu.

    3) I'd say it's probably something to do with the absolute positioning,
    but your design needs rethinking anyway.

    > my be the solution to use image text buttons.

    So that no one can read it, instead of just those who use IE? You're
    trying to fix the wrong problem.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 27, 2004

  3. hannibal

    rf Guest

    "hannibal" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > when i click on View < Text Zoom (200%) in this web site:
    > http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/ using netscape, i connot see the hole text in

    the
    > menu frame!

    A common problem with frames, among the many others. Ditch the frames.

    > my be the solution to use image text buttons.

    An extremely bad idea. Not only are text images not resizable they are
    usually of very bad quality.

    I also notice you have specified font size in pixels, and a ridiculously
    small number of them. I like my font around 14 to 16 pixels high, not 10.
    Your site is unusable for me.

    > any idea how to do that?

    Convert the page to a simple CSS layout and specify the width of the nav bar
    in ems. That way the nav bar will expand with the font size.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Quoth the raven named hannibal:

    > when i click on View < Text Zoom (200%)

    You probably need to set a width in ems for the menu division. Oh
    wait, it's a frame.

    > in this web site:
    > http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/ using netscape, i connot see the hole
    > text in the menu frame!

    I cannot see any menu at all. What do you plan to do for the ~15% of
    your visitors who don't have JavaScript available?

    http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/javaScripts/browserCheck.js
    ...or maybe that my browser is not in your list.

    > my be the solution to use image text
    > buttons. any idea how to do that? thank you

    Maybe the solution is to use CSS-styled regular text for links instead
    of that large script you want to execute?

    http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/dynHTML/mainMenuHaut.html
    http://w3.uqo.ca/d_info/javaScripts/initMenus.js

    Why do you make it so difficult?

    --