Formatting the OutputStream (Font,Bold,Itlics...)

Ranjith

Hello,
Can anybody tell me how to Write bold letters using any of
the stream classes.
I need it to be written into a word document.

Roedy Green

Hello,
Can anybody tell me how to Write bold letters using any of
the stream classes.
I need it to be written into a word document.

You can write HTML or RTF which word can eat. Look at a sample word
document to see what you have to put in the stream to keep it happy.

Open office has some friendly well-documented formats too. You could
import to Open Office then export to Word.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/openoffice.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/rtf.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/html.html

You even might think about emitting printer codes, e.g. postScript or
HP-PCL though word cannot eat such things directly.