    Can anybody tell me how to Write bold letters using any of
    the stream classes.
    I need it to be written into a word document.
    Ranjith, Jan 6, 2010

  2. Ranjith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 00:24:12 -0800 (PST), Ranjith
    who said :

    >Hello,
    > Can anybody tell me how to Write bold letters using any of
    >the stream classes.
    >I need it to be written into a word document.

    You can write HTML or RTF which word can eat. Look at a sample word
    document to see what you have to put in the stream to keep it happy.

    Open office has some friendly well-documented formats too. You could
    import to Open Office then export to Word.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/openoffice.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/rtf.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/html.html

    You even might think about emitting printer codes, e.g. postScript or
    HP-PCL though word cannot eat such things directly.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com
    Roedy Green, Jan 6, 2010

  3. Ranjith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:26:27 -0800, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >You can write HTML or RTF which word can eat. Look at a sample word
    >document to see what you have to put in the stream to keep it happy.

    you can also use POI to write MS Word native format documents.

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/poi.html
    Roedy Green, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Roedy Green wrote:
    ..

    > you can also use POI to write MS Word native format documents.

    Sounds sticky.
    Mike Schilling, Jan 7, 2010
  5. Lew wrote:
    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >>> you can also use POI to write MS Word native format documents.

    > Mike Schilling wrote:
    >> Sounds sticky.

    > That's a result from the taro reading.

    There's the root of the problem.
    Mike Schilling, Jan 7, 2010
  6. Lew wrote:
    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >>> you can also use POI to write MS Word native format documents.

    > Mike Schilling wrote:
    >> Sounds sticky.

    > That's a result from the taro reading.

    Only maniocs believe in that stuff.

    AHS
    Arved Sandstrom, Jan 7, 2010
  7. Ranjith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 01:51:29 GMT, Arved Sandstrom
    said :

    >Only maniocs believe in that stuff.

    You can also export outline documents in Poison, a variant of Jason
    what uses only vowels in the keywords.

    Roedy Green, Jan 7, 2010