Formatting XML with an XSLT without access to the XML

cp

I want to format the results of a query that come back in XML so that
they look well formatted (change colors, fonts etc - the usual thing).

Normally I'd add a line to the top of the XML results file that
referred to my XSLT - for example: <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="format.xml"?>" and everything would work correctly.

However, I don't have access to the process that generates the XML
results so I'm looking for another way.

Can anyone suggest what sort of technique I should look into in order
to achieve this?

Thanks.

CP.

Zach Brown

cp said:
I want to format the results of a query that come back in XML so that
they look well formatted (change colors, fonts etc - the usual thing).

Normally I'd add a line to the top of the XML results file that
referred to my XSLT - for example: <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="format.xml"?>" and everything would work correctly.

However, I don't have access to the process that generates the XML
results so I'm looking for another way.

Can anyone suggest what sort of technique I should look into in order
to achieve this?

Thanks.

CP.

How are you getting the file from your source to the browser (assuming of
course that's it's destination)? If there's no server than maybe you could
use javascript to apply the transformation (assuming again that the web
browser is your destination).

Here's a link to getting it work in IE:
http://w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_client.asp
And Here's a link to getting it to work in Firefox:
http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3630526

Regards,
Zach Brown

cp

Thanks Zach - I'll take a look at those links.

The XML files is returned as the result of a search query on a Google
Search Appliance.

Cal