    to achieve this?

    Thanks.

    CP.
    cp, Aug 17, 2007

  2. cp

    Zach Brown Guest

    "cp" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to format the results of a query that come back in XML so that
    > they look well formatted (change colors, fonts etc - the usual thing).
    >
    > Normally I'd add a line to the top of the XML results file that
    > referred to my XSLT - for example: <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
    > href="format.xml"?>" and everything would work correctly.
    >
    > However, I don't have access to the process that generates the XML
    > results so I'm looking for another way.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what sort of technique I should look into in order
    > to achieve this?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CP.

    How are you getting the file from your source to the browser (assuming of
    course that's it's destination)? If there's no server than maybe you could
    use javascript to apply the transformation (assuming again that the web
    browser is your destination).

    Here's a link to getting it work in IE:
    http://w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_client.asp
    And Here's a link to getting it to work in Firefox:
    http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3630526

    Regards,
    Zach Brown
    Zach Brown, Aug 18, 2007

  3. cp

    cp Guest

    Thanks Zach - I'll take a look at those links.

    The XML files is returned as the result of a search query on a Google
    Search Appliance.

    Cal

    cp, Aug 20, 2007