    tool...

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Dave wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > What is the recommended tool for beautifying C++ source code? There seem to
    > be a lot of options out there, but I don't know which is the preferred
    > tool...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    All depends on your style requirements of preferences and
    which will accomodate it.

    I don't use one because I do the "beautifying" along the way.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Dave

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > What is the recommended tool for beautifying C++ source code? There seem

    > be a lot of options out there, but I don't know which is the preferred
    > tool...

    "Preferred" is of course a subjective issue. For example,
    I prefer to make the code 'beautiful' (i.e. clear, readable,
    and consistent) as I write it. As for having a computer (program)
    come along and shuffle my source code around, well, I just don't
    trust these darn machines much at all... :)

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Dave wrote:

    > What is the recommended tool for beautifying C++ source code?
    > There seem to be a lot of options out there,
    > but I don't know which is the preferred tool...

    I prefer Astyle

    http://astyle.sourceforge.net/

    because it's free
    and because it is easy to modify to suit my tastes.

    I don't think that their is any consensus.
    You just need to pick the one that you like.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > What is the recommended tool for beautifying C++ source code? There seem

    > be a lot of options out there, but I don't know which is the preferred
    > tool...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    OK, thanks for the input everyone. I definitely agree with everyone on
    keeping the code clean as you go. I am meticulous about my own code. The
    problem is that I've just joined a new group with a 22000 SLOC codebase that
    is over 10 years old and in *horrible* shape!

    Dave, Nov 8, 2003