    been using something like formmail.pl when I have been helping friends set
    up their web sites. Does anyone know of a perl script that works like
    formmail.pl, but uses Smtp. Thanks.
    Hmmm..., Aug 23, 2004

  2. Hmmm... wrote:

    > I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does not
    > support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use Smtp. I have
    > been using something like formmail.pl when I have been helping friends set
    > up their web sites.

    Matt Wright's formmail.pl? On Windows NT?

    Ye Gods man, if that's what you do to your friends, what do you do to
    your *enemies*?

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Hmmm... wrote:
    > I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does
    > not support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use
    > Smtp. I have been using something like formmail.pl when I have
    > been helping friends set up their web sites. Does anyone know of a
    > perl script that works like formmail.pl, but uses Smtp.

    http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/scripts.shtml

    (can be configured either way)

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Hmmm...

    Chris Guest

    Hmmm... wrote:
    > I am setting up a web site for a friend. Her hosting service does not
    > support Sendmail. It is an NT server. They recommend I use Smtp. I have
    > been using something like formmail.pl when I have been helping friends set
    > up their web sites. Does anyone know of a perl script that works like
    > formmail.pl, but uses Smtp. Thanks.

    If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
    them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
    Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl.

    Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.

    -ceo
    Chris, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Hmmm...

    Guest

    Chris <> wrote:
    > If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
    > them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
    > Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl.

    > Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.

    If they don't know (or understand) what's wrong with formmail.pl then
    the chances are that if they roll their own, they'll repeat all the
    mistakes anyway. Use the nms scripts at sourceforge instead.

    Chris
    , Sep 1, 2004
  6. Hmmm...

    ChrisO Guest

    wrote:
    > Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >>If these are really your friends, and you are really trying to help
    >>them, then DON'T use formmail.pl to process their mail. Just DON'T.
    >>Especially if it's Matt Wright's formmail.pl.

    >>Write a real (secure) script that uses Net::SMTP or the many other variants.

    > If they don't know (or understand) what's wrong with formmail.pl then
    > the chances are that if they roll their own, they'll repeat all the
    > mistakes anyway. Use the nms scripts at sourceforge instead.

    A very good point.

    -ceo
    ChrisO, Sep 6, 2004