    where is that pointing to? Also, shouldn't the cookie be named what you
    have it set to in the "Authentication" section of Web.config ? Can anyone
    clarify this for me? Thanks!

    Chris Huddle, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Chris Huddle

    mortb Guest

    The cookie is definatley located in the Documents and
    Settings/Username/Cookies folder
    (except if your browser isn't IE then it is located somwhere else)
    But cookies lead a strange life :)
    If you delete a cookie while surfing it is still set -- you'll have to close
    down your browser and delete it to be sure it isn't seet.
    The cookie file is typically named <yourUserName>@<yourServer>[x] where the
    name yourServer is dependent on which namne you used to access your server
    (it may be localhost, it may be the IP number or it may be the computername)
    and x if present is a number.
    The name of the cookie is kept _within_ the file -- if your site sets
    several cookies with different names they are all kept within the same file
    as the file is one per visited server. If you open a file you'll be able to
    see the cookie names.

    Hope this helps

    cheers,
    mortb