Forms auth w/AD, web server not a member of domain

SonOfSofaman

I want to use Forms Authentication and authenticate user credentials
against active directory. Using advapi32.dll and LogonUser I am able to
do just that as long as the machine IIS is running on is a member of
the domain.

But what if the web server is not a domain member? Can I still use the
forms authentication/active directory solution?

It appears that I cannot.

I suspect this is one of those obvious "best-practice violating no-nos"
that I'm too ignorant to see for what it is. But I'm still hopeful.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Well ur SERVER as to be a member of the Domain!
U can def use forms Authentication
Patrick