    we try to lock down a folder whose name as dashes in it (e.g. Secure-Folder)
    it is ignored. Is this a known issue?

    Thanks.

    Aaron, Feb 29, 2008

  2. Aaron wrote:
    > We are implementing forms authentication on our site. We noticed
    > that when we try to lock down a folder whose name as dashes in it
    > (e.g. Secure-Folder) it is ignored. Is this a known issue?

    I suspect this is an asp.net issue, not a classic asp issue, so:
    recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    to help you.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 29, 2008

  3. Aaron

    Aaron Guest

    Thanks for the quick response.

    I just assume when I set asp they mean .NET. I've posted this in the
    correct forum now. Thanks.

    Aaron, Feb 29, 2008