Forms Authentication Across Applications

Guest

It know that we can use the following method
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/eb0zx8fc.aspx

to form authenticate across multiple applications.

I have created an asp.net application that supports form authentication. My
application is going to be called by another legacy application (HTML) which
does the initial authentication.Something like this:

<form name="form1" action="auth.asp" method="post" >
</form>

How can I implement "Forms Authentication Across Applications" in this
case? I assume sending authentication information via query string is my
only option, right?

Thanks a lot

Fariba
ASP.NET ISharp - Cairo

Guest

Forms authentication works with, and requires cookies. So unless you want to
manually (in your code) create and assign a vaild Forms Auth ticket in
response to the querystring "deal", that would be the only way that I can
think of.
Peter

Guest

The application which is calling my application is an HTML application with
the form tag I mentioned before. Will it be able to issue a ticket or cooki?

Thanks

Guest

Thanks peter for your reponse.

if the cookie is not issued in the parent application (the one with the
<form> tag which calls "auth.asp") let's say they use another way of keeping
the security context , then I am stuck? :)

BTW, I though that :

1) There is something called cookieless form authentication which does not
require cookie

2) Cookie and ticket are two differnet things but related. From what I have
interpreted from "The Forms auth ticket cookie is issued by ASP.NET ..." they
are the same thing? Can my html application which calls that asp page issues
a ticket and I get that ticket in my asp.net page and reuse it as part of the
forms authentication scenario?

Thanks a lot for your time