Forms authentication & AD: logging in seems to take a long time

Rod

We've just put out our first ASP.NET application which uses forms
authentication with Active Directory. (Yeah!)

One thing I've noticed is that it takes a long time for a user to log in.
Why is that?

Rod

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Hi Rod..
Is your forms Auth with Active Directory Role based?
And again it has to Query ADirectory using LDAP protocol :(
If its Role based and u have alot of groups/Roles guess that could make
it slow..
Enjoy
Patrick