Forms authentication and Assembly.LoadFrom

Fred

Hello,

I am trying to load assemblies from a ASP.NET application using
Assembly.LoadFrom with an Url.
I don't use Click Once because it seems not to work with Forms
Authentication.
My problem is that I don't know how to pass the authentication cookie to
the http request made by LoadFrom.
Is there a way to do this ?
Or do you have another idea to make a windows web service client to
update itself automatically with dll stored on the server in a protected
folder ?

Fred

Dans : Fred écrivait :
Hello,

I am trying to load assemblies from a ASP.NET application using
Assembly.LoadFrom with an Url.
I don't use Click Once because it seems not to work with Forms
Authentication.
My problem is that I don't know how to pass the authentication cookie
to the http request made by LoadFrom.
Is there a way to do this ?
Or do you have another idea to make a windows web service client to
update itself automatically with dll stored on the server in a
protected folder ?

So finally, I programmed a set of functions in the web service to
compare the versions of the dll stored on the server and the dll stored
locally and download the assemblies if necessary. It's even better as I
split the files in packets and can display a progression form.
The local app is only a kind of assembly factory which compares,
downloads and loads the assemblies in memory before to launch the
complete application.