Forms authentication and redirection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Paul K, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Paul K

    Paul K Guest

    In a web application I'm transferring from asp to
    asp.net, I have a login form which gets the user's
    credentials and checks to see if they exists in a
    database. If they do exist, I'm writing some data to the
    session contents and then running the following code:

    url = FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl
    (txtUID.Text,true);

    if (url == "/EPES/default.aspx")
    url = "private/production.aspx?MOVEWEEK=NONE";

    Response.Redirect(url);

    Every time the page is redirected to production.aspx,
    it's redirected back to default.aspx. My loginUrl is
    default.aspx. production.aspx includes another page for
    creating a menu (menu.aspx).

    How do I redirect the user to production.aspx without
    being automatically redirected again?

    Paul K

    Paul K, Nov 20, 2003