    users who are listed in a SQL Server table. There will be a small list
    of application roles associated with each user and I would like to store
    this list of roles in SQL as well. How would one go about this? Thanks!

    Phil Townsend, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Phil Townsend

    nicholas Guest

    here's a good link: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/formsroleauth.asp
    I think there's a VB version in the comments on the article.

    Hope this helps.

    nicholas, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Phil Townsend

    Saravana Guest

    Check out this support link,

    HOW TO: Implement Role-Based Security with Forms-Based Authentication in
    Your ASP.NET Application by Using Visual Basic .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306238

    -Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    Saravana, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Phil Townsend wrote:
    > I am integrating forms authentication in a web app which authenticates
    > users who are listed in a SQL Server table. There will be a small list
    > of application roles associated with each user and I would like to store
    > this list of roles in SQL as well. How would one go about this? Thanks!

    Let me throw another URL into the pot:

    Role-Based Authorization With Forms Authentication

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 27, 2004
  5. Mark,Nicholas

    Both of these articles were a big help, thanks!

    I have one further question: if a user is successfully logged, but only
    has access to certain directories, and tries to access a forbidden
    directory, he is redirected back to the login screen. I would like to
    change this so that attempts to access directories without credentials
    are answered with a message rather than being redirected back to the
    login screen. Thanks again...

    Phil Townsend, Oct 27, 2004