Forms Authentication and SQL 2000

studio60podcast

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and I'm trying to use Forms Authentication. The
application runs on IIS6 on Server 2003, but the SQL server is running
on a Windows 2000 Server.

Per this walkthrough,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/PAGHT000014.asp,
it says I need to create a SQL login for NT AUTHORITY\Network Service
and grant it access to my applications database. However, since the
database server is running on 2000 Server, there is no such object NT
AUTHORITY\Network Service for which I can grant a SQL login.

I'm sure I'm missing something pretty obvious, but I can't figure out
how to get around this... Any help is appreciated!
Jason

Swanagon, John M \(John\)

I don't doubt that you can't see it. But you can still add it. When adding
a "New Login", type NT AUTHORITY\Network Service into the name field. It
will display "NT AUTHORITY" in the Domain box. When you click OK, it will
accept it.

Hope this helps...

Sincerely,
John Swanagon