forms authentication brings up dialog

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Maximilian, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. Maximilian

    Maximilian Guest

    I have a very simple site with forms authentication. Everything works
    allright when running locally when deploying it on the real server it doesnt.
    The thing is I get a dialog prompting me for credentials rather than
    redirected me to Login.aspx as it should (and does locally). Why?
    And about this cred-dialog. I guess it could be nice to use it sometimes,
    but can it be used with custom authentication? I mean can a validate the
    input from this dialog in some customized way? or against users specified in
    the Web.config file? Or is it only for Windows-authentication?

    ~/Web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="admin/Login.aspx">
    <credentials passwordFormat="Clear">