    none seem to fit this symptom. Also have tried tuning various meta-base
    properties to no avail.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlaGVyY21hbg==?=, Jan 20, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlaGVyY21hbg==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Hello thehercman,

    > I am using forms authentication to protect all content as described in
    > the kb article below.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893662
    >
    > This works fine except for files that are larger than about 40 or 50mb
    > at which point the user gets a 404 error and the httperr log indicates
    > connection_dropped status.
    >
    > This is a w2k3 server with SP1, Asp.net 1.1 and all security patches
    > installed.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this before? I have been reading various posts online
    > but none seem to fit this symptom. Also have tried tuning various
    > meta-base properties to no avail.

    How did you implement the download? See also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823409/en-us.

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss
    Joerg Jooss, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Thanks for the response.

    The download is via an href in an html file.

    I have opened a case with MS support and they have repro'd the problem and
    are looking into it.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlaGVyY21hbg==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlaGVyY21hbg==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Hello thehercman,

    > Thanks for the response.
    >
    > The download is via an href in an html file.

    And no server-side code involved? Then it's an IIS issue.

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss
    Joerg Jooss, Jan 21, 2006