Forms Authentication, Cant download large files

Guest

I am using forms authentication to protect all content as described in the
kb article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893662

This works fine except for files that are larger than about 40 or 50mb at
which point the user gets a 404 error and the httperr log indicates
connection_dropped status.

This is a w2k3 server with SP1, Asp.net 1.1 and all security patches
installed.

Has anyone seen this before? I have been reading various posts online but
none seem to fit this symptom. Also have tried tuning various meta-base
properties to no avail.

Thanks

Joerg Jooss

Hello thehercman,
I am using forms authentication to protect all content as described in
the kb article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893662

This works fine except for files that are larger than about 40 or 50mb
at which point the user gets a 404 error and the httperr log indicates
connection_dropped status.

This is a w2k3 server with SP1, Asp.net 1.1 and all security patches
installed.

Has anyone seen this before? I have been reading various posts online
but none seem to fit this symptom. Also have tried tuning various
meta-base properties to no avail.

How did you implement the download? See also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823409/en-us.

Cheers,

Guest

Thanks for the response.

The download is via an href in an html file.

I have opened a case with MS support and they have repro'd the problem and
are looking into it.

Joerg Jooss

Hello thehercman,
Thanks for the response.

The download is via an href in an html file.

And no server-side code involved? Then it's an IIS issue.

Cheers,