Forms Authentication Cohabitation Between Framework 1.1 and 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Andrés Giraldo, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. Hi!

    I have an ASP.NET/C# app and I've got to obtain some user data from a
    System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal object, created in framework
    1.1 in a solution, wich my app will be part of it.

    In my Web.Config I write the same configuration that the 1.1 framework
    Web.Config projects:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="myCookie" loginUrl="/theAPP/default.aspx" timeout="10" />
    </authentication>

    This code, calls the login of theAPP solution, but, when the user gets
    authenticated, my app doesn't recognize it, and keeps calling the
    login...

    Any idea of how can I handle this?

    Thanks!

    Andrés Giraldo, Oct 10, 2006

  2. You have to sync the machine key elements between the both apps - make sure
    you are using compatible crypto algorithms in both.

    have a look at the <machineKey> element in web.config.

    ---
    Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier, Oct 10, 2006