Forms Authentication Decryption1.0 to 1.1

Eolss

I used ASP.NET version 1.0 to encrypt data. My project
structure is as follows:
I have a project, Project1 which accepts registration and
encrypts the password and stores in the database.
Project2 decrypts this password, checks for match and
allows the user to login.

This code used to work fine until I upgraded to 1.1.
Everytime Project2 tries to decrypt this data I get a
FormAuthentication error 'Bad Data'.

I want to atleast be able to retrieve the values of the
passwords, so I can decrypt it and store in text format. I
downloaded the database on another machine running 1.0,
but I still cant decrypt it (Bad Data again). Please help.