Forms authentication doesn't work when running in VWD IDE???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    I have a web site that I developed before getting VWD Express. It was
    all written by hand and works fine. I have installed VWDE and thought I
    would try opening this site in it.

    The site uses forms authentication, and this is giving me problems. Part
    of the code checks the value of User.Identity.Name, which when run
    normally (ie from a browser) contains the name of the logged-in user.
    When run in the VWDE IDE, this contains \\Mirabel\Administrator, where
    Mirabel is the name of my computer. This causes various things to fail.

    I presume this is well-documented issue and can easily be solved - if
    you know where to look!! I haven't managed to find an answer and would
    be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

    If it makes any difference, I opened the web site up as a file-based
    project, and used the trick found in
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/21//431138.aspx to use
    the development web server (so I could debug) and still set the right
    path.

    Anyone any idea how to solve my problem? TIA.

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Dec 14, 2005