Forms authentication doesn't work when running in VWD IDE???

Alan Silver

Hello,

I have a web site that I developed before getting VWD Express. It was
all written by hand and works fine. I have installed VWDE and thought I
would try opening this site in it.

The site uses forms authentication, and this is giving me problems. Part
of the code checks the value of User.Identity.Name, which when run
normally (ie from a browser) contains the name of the logged-in user.
When run in the VWDE IDE, this contains \\Mirabel\Administrator, where
Mirabel is the name of my computer. This causes various things to fail.

I presume this is well-documented issue and can easily be solved - if
you know where to look!! I haven't managed to find an answer and would
be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

If it makes any difference, I opened the web site up as a file-based
project, and used the trick found in
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/21//431138.aspx to use
the development web server (so I could debug) and still set the right
path.

Anyone any idea how to solve my problem? TIA.