    Had any body faced this problem earlier??

    Thanks & Regards
    R. Senthli Kumaran

    Prasad Dannani, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Prasad Dannani

    Guest

    Yes, many times. The Forms authentication timeout and Session timeout
    work differently. Session timeout works by counting down from the last
    time the use posted back (connected to) the server. Forms
    authentication works on a half time scale. Basically, if the timeout
    for Forms Authentication is set for 40 minutes, it waits until 20
    minutes are done and then checks to see if the user has hit back to the
    server.

    So what I do is this. I check in the Global.asax.vb file in the
    following event which basically say, if the session times out, then
    expire the forms authentication ticket, which will bring them back to
    the login page:

    Sub Session_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    ' Fires when the session is started
    System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
    End Sub

    Prasad Dannani wrote:
    > Hi Techies,
    > I am using Forms authentication for my asp.net i had given session time out
    > as 500
    > and also Forms time out also 500 even though its getting expired soon may be
    > 4 minutes of Idleness its getting expired
    > see the forms auth configuration below
    >
    > <authentication mode= "Forms" >
    > <forms name="adAuthCookie" loginUrl="LoginPage.aspx" protection="All"
    > timeout="500" path="/"/>
    > </authentication>
    > Had any body faced this problem earlier??
    >
    > Thanks & Regards
    > R. Senthli Kumaran

    , Jul 14, 2005