Forms authentication fails on a few computers :-(

M. Posseth

i have a website that has forms authentication installed
http://hbase.nohausystems.nl/

it seems to work fine ,,,, however on a few client computers it wil not
logon ( not even the visitor mode that i made for unknown users , that just
want to see the website )

nice thingy is that one of those computers is the one i am behind right now
:-|

now the strange part : i reset the internet explorer webrowser to all its
default values , emptyed the cache , removed all coockies etc etc etc

i try again,,, no way i can logon i enter my username and password and it
opens the same login form in the popup :-(

On other computers it works fine ! so i installed the Mozilla firebird
webbrowser and to my big surprise it does work with Mozilla on the computer
that fails with IE
strange huh ?? so i was already thinking that it might be verry specific for
this computer however i heard already in the field that there are some
customers ( 2 right now ) who encounter the same problem

so i am desperatly looking for a explanation :-(

hope someone can help

M. Posseth

Solved !!

i think this is a yet not known bug in IE ,,, does someone knows how this
info can be sent to the IE development team ??? :)

if you encounter the below described problem wich only occurs in IE ( a
third party browser installed on the same computer can login whitout a
problem )

perform the folowing tasks

start IE

select Tools , Internet options

Tabstrip "Privacy"

now click the button advanced

check overide automatick cookie handling

select always allow session cookies

save these changed settings

now navigate to the website that did not let you logon

logon to the website and surprise it wil work

now the funny part :)

try again and surprise the website will log you on as it should have been

i consider this as a bug in IE

just wanted to let you know :)

M. Posseth [MCP]