Forms authentication in WebServices and timeout

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by j_a5, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. j_a5

    j_a5 Guest

    Hi,
    I am having an issue with forms authentication and timeout. I created a
    simple web application and a web service based on the example in
    I enabled the forms authentication for the web service and set the timeout
    for the forms authentication to a small number (2 minutes). I am able to use
    forms authentication to login to the webservice. However once I login, it
    timesout at 2 minutes after I login even when I was accessing the web
    service every 30 seconds. Is there something I am missing in forms
    authentication and WebServices?
    To reproduce
    1. Create a simple app based on the example at
    2. Set the forms auth timeout to a small number say 2 min
    3. log on and access the webservice every 30 seconds
    4. After 2 minutes from logging in the webservice rejects the cookie
    although you have been actively using it.

    Thanks in advance
    j_a5

    j_a5, Sep 29, 2004