Forms authentication/mulitple web projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Molly J. Fagan, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Hello--

    I'm using forms authentication and have 2 web projects located under
    the same root directory. In the web.config of the second project, I
    have

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="../BHUser/login.aspx" />
    </authentication>

    which points to the login.aspx located in the startup project.

    In testing, if a user pulls up a page in the second project without
    logging in, they are directed to the login page but continue to be
    redirected to the login page even when using a valid user name and
    password.

    I am not sure what to put in to correct this or where to put it. Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Molly J. Fagan
    Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality

    Molly J. Fagan, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Molly J. Fagan

    Oleg Ogurok Guest

    2 web projects are separate web applications. They can't share
    authentication information. You need to come up with your own way to
    authenticate users accross web apps. One way to do it is to store logged in
    users in a database and have both application access it.

    -Oleg.

    Oleg Ogurok, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Thanks for responding. This is the case even when the 2 projects are
    in the same solution?

    Molly J. Fagan, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Molly J. Fagan

    Oleg Ogurok Guest

    Yes.

    > Thanks for responding. This is the case even when the 2 projects are
    > in the same solution?
    >
    > Molly J. Fagan
    > Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality
    >
    > "Oleg Ogurok" <> wrote in