Forms Authentication Popping Up Basic Auth Window?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve - DND, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Steve - DND

    Steve - DND Guest

    I have the following information set in my web.config file:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" name="formAuthCookie" timeout="60" path="/"/>
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>

    Instead of redirecting me to Login.aspx, I get a basic authentication popup,
    asking me to enter username/password information. What exactly do I need to
    do to get the ASP.Net engine to take me to my page? Did I set something
    wrong somewhere? Both IIS, and the Virtual Directory allow anonymous access,
    and do *not* require basic authentication.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Steve - DND, Jan 7, 2004