    Any advice would be helpful.

    thanx,
    smita.

    smita, Jan 22, 2004

  2. I don´t know why you want to store user credentials in a xml file (despite
    you can do it with forms auth) but I definitely don´t recommend you this
    practice. I think that is not possible with forms auth to store the creds
    outside the web.config file but you might implement your own auth scheme
    with the file you want.

    --
    Hernan de Lahitte - MSDE
    Lagash Systems S.A. - Buenos Aires, Argentina

    "smita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > May I know how can I use Forms Authentication without storing my
    > credentials information in web.Config but in some other Xml file of my own

    ..
    > Since I am creating users at runtime I need to store username and

    passwords

    Hernan de Lahitte, Jan 22, 2004

  3. You can authenticate against other resources with forms authentication.
    For example:
    316748 HOW TO: Authenticate Against the Active Directory by Using Forms
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316748

    Basically it would be up to you to write some code to authenticate against
    this XML file.

    HTH
    Holly

    Holly Mazerolle, Jan 23, 2004
  4. smita

    Ted Guest

    You may also authenticate against a DB. You must perform the credentials test yourself, if it passes just call FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage() from within the login page. If it fails, don't redirect.

    Ted, Apr 15, 2004