Forms Authentication Problem

Bob Hansen

Hello All,

I am trying to set up forms authentication for an ASP.NET web site. I
programmed quite a bit of stuff with custom IPrincipal and IIdentity objects
and everything only to find out that none of it worked. After fiddling
around with things I decided to try a really basic example. A set some
values in the web.config as follows...

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="Login.aspx" />
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

I then created a simple login.aspx page and a default.aspx page with no
implementation. The only thing I wanted to do was see if accessing the
default.aspx page would bring up the login.aspx page as expected. Didnt
work. Not only that, but on further inspection of the
Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated property revealed that I am always
authenticated. I cannot unauthenticate myself. Further, the
Context.User.Identity.Name comes up as my login name for windows complete
with network domain!

Is there a configuration option I am missing somewhere? Is there something
in IIS that needs to be set? Please help!!!

Cheers,

Bob Hansen
JASCorp, L.L.C.
www.jasrx.com
www.jascorp.com

Hernan de Lahitte

You must check in IIS the anonymous access and Integrated Win.Auth. as well.