Forms Authentication timeout doesn't work

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark MacRae, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Mark MacRae

    Mark MacRae Guest

    I am trying to do some testing of my application with respect to timeouts
    (i.e. Session timeouts). I took the advice of somebody else in this
    newsgroup (I think) and set my forms authentication timeout to be one minute
    less than the session timeout, but I was still getting wierd things happen
    when a timeout would occur.

    Today I set the timeout value for forms authentication = "1" and for the
    session = "2" just to test. Low and behold, the forms authentication
    timeout doesn't seem to make any difference. I debugged and see that there
    is still a ticket with an authenticated user when I try to view a page even
    after 5 minutes of inactivity.

    Is there something I'm missing?

    Here's the relavent portions of my application-level web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms" >
    <forms loginUrl="login/main/member_login.aspx" timeout="1">
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="2"
    />

    Mark MacRae, Aug 6, 2003