Forms Authentication Weirdness on Local Network

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi,

    Quick question - I'm pretty new to asp.net. I have a network that has my
    development machine (XP) and 2 others (both W2K) on the same subnet. When
    trying to access folders protected by asp.net forms authentication from my
    development machine where the site is hosted everything works as expected
    and I'm bounced to the login page specified in the web.config.

    However, when I access these folders from the other machines I can access
    the protected folders without being authenticated! Even stranger, if I log
    in to the site using the login form I've built and then log out on either of
    the other machines and then try to access the authenticated folders
    everything works as it should and I am presented with the login page.

    Anybody got any ideas about what's going on here?

    Joe

    Joe, Dec 4, 2003