Forms Authentication & Windows Authentication

Stormbringer

I have a .NET 2.0 web app that uses forms authentication to get around an
issue with FireFox. FireFox will allow you to save the username/pass and this
is a SOX no no.

The objects in the web application call a Windows Authenticated web service.
I do have the username and password so I can create a WindowsIdentity object.
Question is, how do I get that to the web serivce?

Or is there a better way to do this? I tried WSE 3.0 but the logic in the
business logic gets very messy.

Thanks.

Joe Kaplan

Set the Credentials property on the web service proxy client object to a
NetworkCredential object that contains the username and password you
collected. You may also need the domain name.

Joe K.

anders.rask

Set the Credentials property on the web service proxy client object to a
NetworkCredential object that contains the username and password you
collected. You may also need the domain name.

Joe K.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net

If user is already logged in you can use the session cookie as
authentication to your web service using the
YourWebService.CookieContainer

see more here
http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/dbd724e9-78f0-4a05-adfb-190d151103b2.aspx

hth