Forms authentication <-> Windows user?

InspektorDerrick

Hi,

I'm new in ASP.NET and I've got a question about authentication in an
intranet application:

I want to authentify and authorize the user by a database. Authentication
should work like this:

1. evaluate the windows username
2. check if user exists in database
yes -> new customIdentiy (IsAuthenticated = true), new customPrincipal
(roles from database)
no -> 3.
3. redirect to logon form
4. check if the user exists in database
yes -> new customIdentiy (IsAuthenticated = true), new customPrincipal
(roles from database)
no -> securityexception or redirect

The problem is, if I use Windows-Authentication I may not change
Principal(?), if I use Forms-Authentication I cannot get the windows-user
from step 1 (?)