Forms Authentication with Active Directory LDAP Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tdar, Sep 30, 2005.

  1. Tdar

    Tdar Guest

    Sorry for the dup post but looking for a response and this is being posted
    under my MSDN
    managed newsgroups handle and in a different newsgroup

    Hi,
    As I said in the past post I am using this Article
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000026.asp

    I belive i have everthing all set but I get this error when trying to log
    into the site.

    How do I correct this problem:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Configuration Error
    Parser Error Message: The container specified in the connection string does
    not exist.
    Source Error:

    Line 40: <membership defaultProvider="MyADMembershipProvider">
    Line 41: <providers>
    Line 42: <add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
    Version=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"
    connectionUsername="silver1\administrator"
    connectionPassword="THEPASSWORD"/>
    Line 43: </providers>
    Line 44: </membership>

    Source File: E:\Webs\Silverqueen\WWW\web.config Line: 42
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50215.44
    Tdar, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Hi Tdar,

    Thanks for your posting.
    Regarding on this issue, I've also seen your anothe duplicated one in the

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    newsgroup. I've posted my reply there, if you feel it convenient that we
    continue to discuss in that thread, please feel free to post there.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    | From: "Tdar" <>
    | Subject: Forms Authentication with Active Directory LDAP Problem
    | Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:02:04 -0400
    | Newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.a
    spnet.security

    ----

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 30, 2005