Forms Authentication with Active Directory

E. Kwong

We are interested in using Forms Authentication with Active Directory. We
understand that the presence of web.config prevents access to .aspx files
unless authenticated. Is there similar mechanism that authenticate users
against AD when they want to access Word files or PDF files? We prefer not
to use IIS Integrated Windows Authentication.

Thanks.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello E. Kwong" ekwong999AThotmail.com,

you have to map the .pdf and .doc extensions to aspnet_isapi in the IIS script
mappings - this will do the trick.

E. Kwong

Thanks Dominick: It seems working.