    Is that possible? Is there any sample application to do this?
    Thank you,

    Max
    Max2006, Jun 4, 2008

  2. Max2006

    Max2006 Guest

    I think I found the answer here:

    Max2006, Jun 4, 2008

  3. Hi Max,

    Yes, ASP.NET 2.0 provides the ActiveDirectory provider for Forms
    authentication. Thus, you can make your forms authentication validate clear
    text username/password pair against AD database.

    In addition to the MSDN reference you found, here are some other web
    articles which may also help some:

    #How to authenticate against the Active Directory by using forms
    authentication and Visual Basic .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326340

    #Forms Authentication with Active Directory
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/rohit_kshirsagar/FormsAuthentication
    ActiveDirectory11262005074248AM/FormsAuthenticationActiveDirectory.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .