    Thanks for your insight,

    Josh Blair
    HydraForce, Inc.

    hfdev, Aug 9, 2007

  2. hfdev

    Manish Bafna Guest

    Hi,
    You will below links useful on using formsauthentication in ASP.NET2.0.As
    you said that you want to use LoginControl.Then you can use all the code
    givev in below link except that you will need to use this
    syntax(((TextBox)myLoginCtrl.FindControl("UserName")).Text) in order to find
    username and similar syntax for finding password.Since you are using login
    control you will not get username/password directly.You will get by using
    FindControl on login Control.
    http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/validation/authentication-aspnet2-csharp.aspx
    http://www.devcity.net/Articles/53/1/formauth_xml.aspx
    --
    Hope this answers your question.
    Thanks and Regards.

    Manish Bafna, Aug 9, 2007

  3. hfdev

    hfdev Guest

    Manish ,

    Thanks for the information and the links.

    I was trying to use the new login server controls but ended up building them
    myself with regular ASP.NET server controls.

    Thanks again,

    Josh Blair
    HydraForce, Inc.

    hfdev, Aug 10, 2007