Forms Authentication without Membership provider?

hfdev

Hello,

Can you use the ASP.NET Forms Authentication and Login controls without
using the Membership Provider?

I have my own database schema of company/supplier/customer/user data and
don't really want to extend the providers.

Thanks for your insight,

Josh Blair
HydraForce, Inc.

Manish Bafna

Hi,
You will below links useful on using formsauthentication in ASP.NET2.0.As
you said that you want to use LoginControl.Then you can use all the code
givev in below link except that you will need to use this
syntax(((TextBox)myLoginCtrl.FindControl("UserName")).Text) in order to find
username and similar syntax for finding password.Since you are using login
control you will not get username/password directly.You will get by using
FindControl on login Control.
http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/validation/authentication-aspnet2-csharp.aspx
http://www.devcity.net/Articles/53/1/formauth_xml.aspx

hfdev

Manish ,

Thanks for the information and the links.

I was trying to use the new login server controls but ended up building them
myself with regular ASP.NET server controls.

Thanks again,

Josh Blair
HydraForce, Inc.