Forms Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dotnet beginner, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. I have set up forms authentication for my web application.
    I have several subdirectories inside a main directory and
    I have forms authentication for each of my sub directories.

    In the logon page when the user is authenticated, I have

    FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(txtLogonid.Text,
    False)

    And in the web.config files of my subdirectory, I have
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH"
    loginUrl="../Default.aspx" timeout="20"/>
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    -------------------------

    This works absolutely fine without any problems. When I
    deployed my entire app to a new server, I started getting
    problems. When I click a link to the subdirectory, it
    redirects me to a logon page, which means I'm not
    authorized.

    Does this mean that my Authentication ticket has not been
    created or what? I do not understand. The same copy of the
    application still works fine in my old server. Do I have
    to change any settings in my new server?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Sudhir.
    Dotnet beginner, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Dotnet beginner

    Guest Guest

    Hi DotNet Beginner
    I don't have a solution on your problem but I still want
    to answer because it's a problem that no one want to
    answer. I have had almost the same problem since this
    summer and I've written 3 messages about the problem here
    and no answer. I have a good working website with
    framework 1.0. When I update to version 1.1 I get the
    same problem as you. If i degrade to 1.0 it works again.
    The big problem came when I started to use Visual Studio
    2003. No I'm unable to work on my projects because I must
    have framework ver 1.1.I don't know if you have ver 1.1
    on your new server but that can be the problem!

    I hope someone read our messages and come to our help.
    /Arne

    Guest, Dec 12, 2003