Forms Authentication

Rich

I'm new to ASP.net I went to a whats new in 2.0 in pittsburgh and am trying
to put together a little demonstration for my company, I wanted to have a
basic login page to chage the site theme. But everytime I got into the
configureation page select form authentocation and try to create a user it
won't accept my password, says create another password. Any idea what I am
doing wrong? I'm not experianced with asp enough to know what is wrong.
Thanks in Advance,
Rich

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Rich,

the password is not strong enough - try abc!123

that should work - password strength requirements are configured in the <membership>
element in web.config.

also try the quickstarts at beta.asp.net.

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

You can alter the 'strength' requirements in the <membership> section of
your web.config like so:

<membership>
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="someConnString"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
minRequiredPasswordLength="6" name="someProviderName"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
</providers>
</membership>

Note the 'minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters' and
'minRequiredPasswordLength' attributes.

--
- Paul Glavich
MVP ASP.NET