    doing wrong? I'm not experianced with asp enough to know what is wrong.
    Thanks in Advance,
    Rich

    Rich, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Hello Rich,

    the password is not strong enough - try abc!123

    that should work - password strength requirements are configured in the <membership>
    element in web.config.

    also try the quickstarts at beta.asp.net.

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Oct 10, 2005

  3. You can alter the 'strength' requirements in the <membership> section of
    your web.config like so:

    <membership>
    <providers>
    <add connectionStringName="someConnString"
    minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
    minRequiredPasswordLength="6" name="someProviderName"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
    </providers>
    </membership>

    Note the 'minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters' and
    'minRequiredPasswordLength' attributes.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    MVP ASP.NET

    Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET], Oct 11, 2005