Forms Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bryan Freeman, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. I have an interesting forms authentication issue ...

    Our application has many co branded sites (ie.
    http://cobrand.application.com). These URLs actually point to the physical
    folder structure of http://www.application.com/cobrand, etc. Each co brand is
    essentially a copy of the application folder, with some custom styles and
    configuration information.

    Anyway, we want to use forms authentication, but would like to have the
    formslogin.aspx located at the /cobrand level so it can be customized. The
    problem is, when a request comes in for a secured resource, and asp.net
    redirects to formslogin.aspx, we have an http module that reformats the url
    from the http://cobrand.application.com/ format to the
    http://www.application.com/cobrand format. This causes a loop in the
    redirects.

    The only way we’ve found to get around this is to put the formslogin.aspx at
    the root level, but then we can't customize it for each cobrand (a
    requirement).
    --
    Bryan Freeman
    Consultant

    Bryan Freeman, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Hi Bryan,

    This is a "classic" ASP group. The ASP.NET groups have "aspnet" in their
    names, i.e. microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 14, 2004