Forms-based Authentication

bebop

HI

I'm using Forms-based Authentication and trying out the
example from the book: "ASP.NET Professional Secrets"

after downloading the c# code there was no code for
chapter 15

Can anyone provide the code for chapter 15 and what it
includes?

I tried entering the code from the chapter by hand but I
can't get the program to work.

code from book:

<%@ Page language="C#"%>

<script runat = "server">

void btnLogin_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) {
if (txtUserName.Value == "User" &&
txtPassword.Value == "Password")
{
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage
(txtUserName.Value, chkSaveCookie.Checked);
}
else
{
divMessage.InnerText = "Invalid user name or
password";
</script>

<head>
<title>Login Page</title>
</head>

<form id="frmLogin" method="post" runat="server">
User Name: <input type="text" id="txtUserName"
name="txtUserName" runat="server">
Password: <input type="password" name="txtPassword"
id="txtPassword" runat="server">

<input type="checkbox" name="chkSaveCookie"
id="chkSaveCookie" runat="server">Save my state

<input type="button" name="btnLogin" runat="server"
onserverclick="btnLogin_Click" value="Login">
</form>

also books mentions to do the following in the Web.Config
file:

set the mode attribute to Forms and provide a loginUrl

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="WileyAuth" loginUrl="LoginPage.aspx"
path="/"> </forms>

and add a location element as well:

<location path="ProtectedPage.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

Any help on Forms-based Authentication would be
appreciated.

bebop