    attachments at all?

    thanks...

    VG
    Divalo, Dec 10, 2004

  2. "Divalo" <> wrote:

    > I am using a cgi mail processor called "formmail.pl" (NMS FormMail
    > Version 3.14c1) which I found on the internet; and which seems to
    > work quite well for basic form input.

    There are lots of form-to-email processors that _seem to work_ just
    fine, until you realize that your Internet connection has been
    suspended since a script that you installed has been used for spamming.

    > For a particular form I am working on, I would like to enable users
    > to upload files.

    "Upload"? Upload them onto a server, or send them via E-mail?

    > I tried adding the "ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
    > " attribute to my <form> tag, but that didn't seem to help.

    Well it surely doesn't help if the form handler cannot handle that.

    > Problem is: form arrives, but without attachment of uploaded file.

    The form either does not properly decode the attachment data (special
    coding is needed for that) or does not create an E-mail attachment.
    Probably both.

    > Can anyone hint as to what I'm missing here, or can CGI mailers
    > handle attachments at all?

    Surely they can. But before you can expect free help, you should
    convince us that you know what you are doing. Why would you use E-mail
    attachments?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Divalo

    Divalo Guest

    > "Upload"? Upload them onto a server, or send them via E-mail?

    Either one is okay. Sending them via email would be my method of choice,
    using sendmail serverside...

    > Surely they can. But before you can expect free help, you should
    > convince us that you know what you are doing. Why would you use E-mail
    > attachments?

    A project I am working on requires users to input both documentation (text)
    and pictures (jpg or gif). the perl form-mail handles the text input just
    fine (i appreciate your concern re spamming, but most cgi script written
    these days have built in protection that prevents these occurances).

    Divalo, Dec 10, 2004