forms: img submit button: can u do rollovers??

Frances Del Rio

I have a form in which submit button is an img.. would like to do it
w/a rollover, but can't get rollover to work.. can you do rollovers
w/img submit buttons? this is code I have:

<input type="image" name="log" src="images/login.gif" value="Submit"
alt="Submit"
onMouseover = "log.src='images/login-roll.gif'"
onMouseout ="images/log.src='login.gif'">

thank you..

Frances

Martin Honnen

Frances Del Rio wrote:

I have a form in which submit button is an img.. would like to do it
w/a rollover, but can't get rollover to work.. can you do rollovers
w/img submit buttons? this is code I have:

<input type="image" name="log" src="images/login.gif" value="Submit"
alt="Submit"
onMouseover = "log.src='images/login-roll.gif'"
onMouseout ="images/log.src='login.gif'">

Try
<input type="image"
src="images/login.gif"
onmouseover="this.src = 'images/login-roll.gif';"
onmouseout="this.src = 'images/login.gif';"
alt="submit"
value="submit">
with modern browsers like IE5+, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla, Opera 7 I expect
that to work as intended, only old ones like Netscape 4 do not support
onmouseover/out for the input element.

Frances Del Rio

Martin said:
Frances Del Rio wrote:

Try
<input type="image"
src="images/login.gif"
onmouseover="this.src = 'images/login-roll.gif';"
onmouseout="this.src = 'images/login.gif';"
alt="submit"
value="submit">
with modern browsers like IE5+, Netscape 6/7, Mozilla, Opera 7 I expect
that to work as intended, only old ones like Netscape 4 do not support
onmouseover/out for the input element.

thank you!! that worked!!

Frances