    application. Was this done by some plugin or how could some realise this?

    greetings,

    Harry
    Harald Weiser, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Harald Weiser

    rf Guest

    "Harald Weiser" <hawe@domea[remove].com> wrote in message
    news:40cff791$...
    > Hi Folks.
    >
    > I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could fill

    out

    rf, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Harald Weiser

    > Hi Folks.
    >
    > I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could fill

    out
    > forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword (bold, italic,
    > letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all but like a real
    > application. Was this done by some plugin or how could some realise this?

    Damn. Don't you just hate it when you press the wrong button :-(

    Plug in. IIRC It comes with the Internet Explorer development kit. It's an
    RTF activeX control. Basicaly it wraps the richedit Windows control, the
    same one that Wordpad wraps. Have a look at microsoft.com.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Harald Weiser

    Mitja Guest

    (news:40cff791$) wrote:
    > Hi Folks.
    >
    > I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could
    > fill out forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword
    > (bold, italic, letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all
    > but like a real application. Was this done by some plugin or how
    > could some realise this?

    Could have been a Java applet (or some other plugin, but Java is most
    probable). Or maybe just some very nifty JavaScript with lots of graphics,
    though I doubt it.

    Mitja, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Harald Weiser

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Mitja" <> wrote in message
    > Harald Weiser <hawe@domea[remove].com>
    > (news:40cff791$) wrote:
    > > Hi Folks.
    > >
    > > I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could
    > > fill out forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword
    > > (bold, italic, letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all
    > > but like a real application. Was this done by some plugin or how
    > > could some realise this?

    > Could have been a Java applet (or some other plugin, but Java is most
    > probable). Or maybe just some very nifty JavaScript with lots of graphics,
    > though I doubt it.
    >
    > > greetings,
    > >
    > > Harry

    Why doubt it? Most messageboards these days come with similar features, and
    it's all done in JS. Check out PHPBB (http://www.phpbb.com/) for example -
    the board itself is in PHP obviously, but the front end has a full post
    editor that is very similar to how a rich-text editor (or Word) works, but
    it's all scripted in JS.

    miranda
    SpaceGirl, Jun 16, 2004
  6. "Mitja" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Harald Weiser <hawe@domea[remove].com>
    > (news:40cff791$) wrote:
    > > Hi Folks.
    > >
    > > I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could
    > > fill out forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword
    > > (bold, italic, letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all
    > > but like a real application. Was this done by some plugin or how
    > > could some realise this?

    > Could have been a Java applet (or some other plugin, but Java is most
    > probable). Or maybe just some very nifty JavaScript with lots of graphics,
    > though I doubt it.

    well, could have been something like I found here

    http://www.interactivetools.com/staff/ben/htmlarea3_demo/example.html

    Harry
    Harald Weiser, Jun 16, 2004
  7. Harald Weiser

    Mitja Guest

    SpaceGirl <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > "Mitja" <> wrote in message
    >> Harald Weiser <hawe@domea[remove].com>
    >> (news:40cff791$) wrote:
    >>> Hi Folks.
    >>>
    >>> I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could
    >>> fill out forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword
    >>> (bold, italic, letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all
    >>> but like a real application. Was this done by some plugin or how
    >>> could some realise this?

    >> Could have been a Java applet (or some other plugin, but Java is most
    >> probable). Or maybe just some very nifty JavaScript with lots of
    >> graphics, though I doubt it.
    >>
    >>> greetings,
    >>>
    >>> Harry

    > Why doubt it? Most messageboards these days come with similar
    > features, and it's all done in JS. Check out PHPBB
    > (http://www.phpbb.com/) for example - the board itself is in PHP
    > obviously, but the front end has a full post editor that is very
    > similar to how a rich-text editor (or Word) works, but it's all
    > scripted in JS.

    The post editor shows tags, it's only later that they change into real
    styling. Since OP mentioned "looking like a real application" I assumed a
    richedit widget (ie not just plain text as in <textarea>)

    Mitja, Jun 16, 2004
  8. Harald Weiser

    Mitja Guest

    (news:40d02193$) wrote:
    > "Mitja" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Harald Weiser <hawe@domea[remove].com>
    >> (news:40cff791$) wrote:
    >>> Hi Folks.
    >>>
    >>> I recently saw an application using a browser with which you could
    >>> fill out forms. You also had a textfield with icons like in winword
    >>> (bold, italic, letter-size...) It didnt look like a webpage at all
    >>> but like a real application. Was this done by some plugin or how
    >>> could some realise this?

    >> Could have been a Java applet (or some other plugin, but Java is most
    >> probable). Or maybe just some very nifty JavaScript with lots of
    >> graphics, though I doubt it.
    >>

    > well, could have been something like I found here
    >
    > http://www.interactivetools.com/staff/ben/htmlarea3_demo/example.html
    >
    > Harry

    Wow, didn't know sick things like this even existed. If you use it, though,
    make sure it works in all target browsers (it doesn't in Opera).
    Mitja, Jun 16, 2004